Monday 11 May 2020 7:00 -8:30pm on Zoom Webinar
Explored options for Australia to accelerate climate action and address climate emergency.
The session deliberated whether the Green New Deal approach is a useful way for Australia to address climate emergency, create jobs, generate climate resilient growth and advance sustainability. Covering, science, policy, politics, economics, global best practices and the larger concept of well-being in the society, it was a very interactive forum with a very distinguished panel.
- Emeritus Professor Will Steffen, Fenner School of Environment and Society, ANU
- John Hewson AM, Former Leader of the Federal Opposition and Professor ANU Crawford School
- Shane Rattenbury MLA, Minister for Climate Change and Sustainability
- Dr Arnagretta Hunter, Clinical Senior Lecturer, ANU Medical School
- Dr Imran Ahmad (Chair/Discussant), Honorary Associate Professor ANU and Immediate Past President Forum Australia